Exterior Oil to be used outdoor for basic treatment and maintenance of new and previously oiled wood surfaces such as decks, garden furniture, cladding etc.
- Provides a hard-wearing surface
- Contains UV-protection
- Prevents mould and fungus
- Fast drying
- May be used on all wood species
- Coverage approx. 100 SF/L
Exterior Oil to be used outdoor for basic treatment and maintenance of new and previously oiled wood surfaces such as decks, garden furniture, cladding etc. Exterior Oil may be used on traditional wood species such as pine and larch and on exotic species such as teak, mahogany, and ipé. Exterior Oil Natural is recommended to enhance the natural colour structure of the wood. For rejuvenating of old wood surfaces, the pigmented oils are ideal as they recreate the original colour of the wood. A change of colour of the deck is also possible by applying e.g. the grey, anthracite or black oil. The special water-based composition of oil components ensures that the product is water-dilutable and friendly to the environment. The oil ensures a strong water and dirt repellent surface and protects against mould fungus. The oil enhances the natural colour and grain of wood. Exterior Oil is available in Natural as well as a number of exiting colours. All varieties have UV protection.
- Clean new wooden surfaces as well as old surfaces with WOCA Exterior Cleaner before starting the oil treatment.
- Then leave the wood to dry for at least 24 hours so that the humidity is not above 17%. Sand down any rough wood fibres with sandpaper, grit 120.
- Make the application in dry weather only, min. temp. 13°C. Avoid direct sunlight and high temperatures.
- Stir the oil thoroughly before use.
- Apply an even and thin coat of oil with a brush. Treat the end grain wood first. The wet oil may have a white shade. When the water has evaporated after a few minutes, the wood will appear oiled.
- Wipe off any excess oil with clean cotton cloths after no more than 5 minutes. Take particular care of removing excess oil from joints and grooves.
- If the surface does not appear saturated with oil, repeat steps 5 and 6.
- When the wood is dry, it may be polished with a polishing pad or polishing machine to ensure an extra hard-wearing surface.
- It takes 24 to 48 hours for the oil to harden thoroughly, depending on weather conditions and outdoor temperature. The wood must not be exposed to water during this period.
- Attention (for furniture): Please note that Exterior Oil in the black, anthracite and walnut colour are recommended to be finished with a coat of Exterior Oil Natural to avoid excess colour coming off.
Repeat the oil treatment when required. Start cleaning the surface with WOCA Exterior Cleaner. Then follow the steps under basic treatment.
||Vegetable oil components, pigments, water. Contains Propiconazole. May produce an allergic reaction.
||Brush, cotton cloth and possibly sandpaper.
|Cleaning of tools:
||Clean tools with water.
||Dispose of this material and its container to local disposal facility for chemical waste.
|Available pot sizes:
||0,75 litre and 2,5 litre