WOCA Worktop Gel is for freshening of previously oil treated wood surfaces. The effective gel is quick-drying and enhances the natural grain structure of the wood and colour and gives a resistant and strong surface.
- Clean the surface thoroughly with WOCA Wood Cleaner mixed with water in the ratio 1:40 and let it dry for at least 8 hours until the surface is completely dry.
- In case of grain raising, an advantage would be to slightly de-nib with fine sand paper, grit 220 (remove any sanding dust from the surface).
- Spread a suitable layer of gel in an even thin coat with a polishing pad (white, beige or red). Continue polishing until the wood appears saturated and the surface looks uniform. We recommend working in sections as the gel dries quickly.
- Wipe off the polished surface carefully with a dry lint-free cloth before continuing to next area. The surface should not appear wet and there should not be any excess gel left on the surface after polishing.
- In case the wood does not seem completely saturated after 4-6 hours, we recommend re-polishing with a smaller quantity gel than by first treatment, but same procedure.
- Leave the worktop to dry for 4-6 hours, hereafter it may cautiously be taken into use. If possible, do not expose the surface to water during the first 2-3 days. We recommend leaving the worktop to harden for 3 days, where after it is ideal to clean this with WOCA Natural Soap Spray and a lint-free cotton cloth.
- The regular cleaning may be done with WOCA Natural Soap or WOCA Oil Soap which at the same time provides the wood with caring oil by each cleaning. Depending on wear, it is possible to maintain. Water spots and other minor damages are easily repairable by cleaning the surface locally with WOCA Wood Cleaner, let it dry and polish with a smaller quantity of Worktop Gel on a lint-free cloth.